Aims of the Trust
The FFDT seeks to:
- Improve understanding and awareness of farming, food production and land based industries in a changing world, particularly among young people.
- Give young people exposure to different stages of food production, including current STEM research and innovation.
- Inform young people about, and
engage them with, agritech and land
- Establish a matrix of relevant educational
provision which appropriately covers
different age-groups and varied levels
- Work with partners to develop and run
high quality events related to
- Enhance existing provision with high quality
FFDT-run events, seeking particularly to fill
gaps in overall provision
Disseminate information about educational
provision in food production, farming
and countryside to young people in Norfolk
- More young people entering adulthood
able to make informed decisions relating
to food and diet
- More young people entering adulthood with
an informed and positive approach to and
engagement with sustainable countryside
management and environmental policy
- More young people taking up land-based,
agritech and STEM opportunities, both
for educational and employment purposes
We have identified our main priorities to underpin our work with young people:
- LAUNCH OF CONSCIOUS CONSUMERS
A secondary school project investigating sustainability, nutrition and diet in the 21st century.
- DELIVERY OF ADVISORY GROUP’S PARTNERSHIP
Continued involvement with provision of primary school events such as Learn About Livestock and the Science of Farming.
- LAUNCH OF THE FFDT TRAILER
An itinerary of school visits for our new mobile agricultural education resource.
- SUPPORTING FLAGSHIP EVENTS
Oversight and co-ordination of excellent educational provision at major agricultural shows and other regional public events.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The next few years will take the Trust on an exciting journey where we will continue to impact and make a real difference to young people’s learning.
- 17,500 TOTAL ENGAGEMENTS WITH
- 390 TOTAL SCHOOLS ENGAGED WITH US
- £32,750 TOTAL INCOME GENERATED
We launched in 2016 and in our 2018/2019 year we had already reached a child engagement of 17,500, visited 345 schools and generated an income of £50,430. We did even better the next year with engagement reaching 19,250 children and 368 schools.